There is no right or wrong time to raise a family. It’s up to you and your partner. You may choose to freeze the eggs when planning to have a child. It helps you to preserve your reproductive health. Also known as oocyte cryopreservation, the egg freezing process involves harvesting a female partner’s eggs from the ovaries and freezing them after fertilization. Later on, the specialists transplant the fertilized eggs into your uterus when needed.
Here are some of the reasons why you need to preserve your fertility –
- It’s not the right time – You may not be prepared to have a child yet. There are many reasons you may want to delay your pregnancy, such as career, travel goals, education, or even if you haven’t married yet. You can freeze your eggs for the future and have a child when you want to settle down.
- Treatment – Had someone in your family premature ovarian failure? Do you have ongoing conditions like endometriosis? Are you going through cancer treatment due to which you may not have children? You can preserve your fertility with egg freezing.
- You have plans for the future – You may have a child already at home. You know it well that you will be older by the time you are prepared for having another child, and your fertility will be affected. You can preserve your fertility by freezing your eggs when you are 25 to 30 years old.
- You are not sure by now – Currently, you may not be sure whether you should have a child. This way, you can freeze your eggs and get pregnant later when you desire to have a family.
How does it work?
Fertility preservation is not all about diagnosis, medications, testing, and high-end procedures. Many couples don’t know about the effect of lifestyle on their fertility. In this era of fast-paced living, one can easily overlook their quality of life. With simple lifestyle changes and easy choices, they can conceive naturally.
Sometimes, couples don’t want to have a child in the present moment. They can preserve their fertility with embryo freezing and plan a healthy pregnancy later on. Feel free to visit Baby Science or schedule an appointment for further clarification. Our doctor will review your health and fertility potential before choosing egg freezing for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to recover completely after egg retrieval?
You will usually need to take rest the whole day after the process of egg retrieval. If you have any soreness, cramping, or pain, you will get some medications. But those effects won’t last long, and you can get back to routine within a week.
- How long can I store eggs after freezing?
You can store your eggs for as much time as you wish. You can store eggs for up to 10 years, and there are chances that these eggs can last that long. There were reports when chances of thawing eggs were high even after 14 years. There is no sign of declining quality of frozen embryos without affecting egg quality in ideal freezing conditions without affecting egg quality.
Why Baby Science IVF Clinics for Fertility Preservation?
Baby Science IVF Clinics holds more than 25 years of experience in offering fertility treatment to couples in India. At Baby Science, we have the state-of-the-art clinical setups and all the requisite facilities. Further, we are a registered fertility centre in Bangalore and offer affordable and cost-effective treatment services using ART (assisted reproductive technology). Being a patient-friendly clinic, we never take hidden charges. Our test results and treatments are in accordance with ICMR guidelines.