Now, you have a little one in your womb, so you must have enough sleep. But that might be just a tad bit difficult for you during the day/night. The baby bump may make it difficult for you to find the best position in which you can sleep comfortably.
Let’s Evaluate Sleeping On The Back During Pregnancy In IVF
In the first trimester, sleeping on your back would be fine. However, it will never be fine for you and your baby when you are in your second or third trimester. The experts at the BabyScience IVF Clinics, a leading fertility clinic in Bangalore, explain it better. According to them,
- The back has to bear the weight of the baby, the uterus, and the intestine along with vena cava. This can lead to health issues like backaches, haemorrhoids, low blood pressure, and circulation issues.
- To avoid sleeping on the back, place a wedge pillow that will stop you to spend the entire night sleeping on your back
How About Sleeping On Your Stomach during Pregnancy in IVF
As far as your baby is concerned the little one is itself protected by the amniotic fluid and the uterine walls. During this period, sleeping on your stomach is fine but the comfort level will not be there. You can check with the fertility clinic about sleeping comfortably on your stomach during pregnancy as they suggest you the better option to get rid of this problem.
Consider Sleeping On Your Sides During Pregnancy In IVF
According to the experts at an IVF clinic in Bangalore, it is better to sleep on your sides during pregnancy during the second and third trimesters. Now, the next question that comes up is whether you sleep on the right side or the left side.
- The doctors of the fertility clinic will tell you that when you sleep on the left side then there is less pressure on the vena cava. Furthermore, the blood or the nutrients flow is also good in this position.
- The kidney function is better in this position and this helps in the better elimination of waste products. As a result, the swelling of the hands, feet, and ankles will be less.
- It is not that you have to completely avoid sleeping on the right side but when you sleep on the right side there can be compression of the vena cava to a certain extent.
Get The Best Tips from the Best fertility clinic To Make Side Sleeping Work in Every Trimester:
Sleeping on the side is the best position to sleep in any trimester. But if you feel that you are not able to sleep on your sides then here are some tips that may help you:
- In the first trimester, sleeping in any position may be alright. But try to make sleeping on the side a habit. And for this, you can keep a pillow between your legs, as it will reduce the discomfort in the lower part of your body.
- For the second trimester, IVF clinic experts suggest that you should use a pregnancy pillow that comes in a U or C shape. Further, try to use a firm mattress.
- In the third trimester, you can use the pregnancy pillow. However, some of you do not find the pregnancy pillow very comfortable in your third trimester. In that case, you can try using a wedge pillow, which you can keep under the stomach and behind your back.
Try to avoid sleeping on the back or on the right side after a few months of your pregnancy. It is better if the expectant mother sleeps on the left side during pregnancy as it has more advantages as compared to the other sleeping positions.
- Can I Get Pregnant Naturally – Sex During Fertility Window
- Fertility Options - Types, Treatments And Costs
- How Much Does Test Tube Baby Procedure Cost In India?
- Top 5 Advantages Of IVF Treatment In Bangalore