Getting pregnant is not an easy task especially for those couples who are not getting results after trying many years. Sometimes, women can easily get pregnant in natural ways. But, most of the time, women have to go through medications and treatments to conceive a baby. However, the cost of fertility treatment relies on the physical and mental conditions of the patient, educated doctors, services, etc. Several fertility treatments are available for infertile couples like IVF, IUI, ICSI, Surrogacy, and others. Let’s find out more details in brief about these fertility methods!
What are the Different Types of Fertility Treatments?
Usually, fertility treatments are the methods to cure infertility through medications and surgeries. At the IVF centre in Koramangala, doctors perform the treatment as per the medical conditions of the patient. Here are some types of fertility treatments:
IVF (in vitro fertilization)
IVF is also known as ART (assisted reproductive technology) procedure to deal with infertility. It is one of the most effective and successful fertility treatments in comparison to other methods. The process of IVF includes:
- Firstly, IVF doctors provide fertility medications to women. In this way, it helps to harvest multiple eggs in the uterus of women.
- The doctor sends the matured eggs to the laboratory for the fertilization procedure.
- Both sperm and eggs are fertilized together in a laboratory at an IVF clinic.
- Afterward, the doctor will transfer back the fertilized eggs into the womb/uterus.
- After 10 to 12 days of treatment, the doctor will perform a pregnancy test for confirmation.
IUI (intrauterine insemination):
It is another important fertility treatment that helps women to conceive pregnancy. A fertility doctor injects the sperm into the uterus of women with the help of a small plastic tube. This small tube passes through the cervix to inject the sperm. Usually, the doctor recommends this treatment because:
- It is the best option to maintain the quality, movement, and shape of the sperm.
- IUI helps the sperm to meet with the egg easily.
- IUI is an inexpensive treatment compared to IVF.
- It is not a painful treatment and women can achieve a higher chance of getting pregnant.
- At the IVF clinic in Koramangala (Bangalore), you can go through IUI treatment for your infertility.
Sometimes, couples are not able to conceive a baby due to personal reasons, repeated miscarriages, abnormal uterus, failure in IVF cycles, etc. In such circumstances, most couples like to go with surrogacy. However, it is a costly method/treatment and:
- You have to look for a perfect surrogate mother according to the criteria of medical and physical condition.
- Then, IVF doctors will perform preliminary tests of the surrogate mothers (to identify the ability to conceive a baby).
- At IVF hospital in Koramangala, a team of experts/specialists are available to perform surrogacy at an affordable price.
- It is an expensive method because you have to pay the amount for medications, compensation, treatment, tests, ultrasound, etc of surrogate mothers.
- A couple and surrogate mother have to sign a contract before going through surrogacy. A legal agreement is important to avoid future disputes.
ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
This is also an important treatment for IVF to introduce sperm cells into the egg cell. In other words, ICSI is the same as IVF (in vitro fertilization). The only difference is that selected sperm can be injected into the uterus under the ICSI procedure. On the other hand, many eggs and sperm can fertilize together in the laboratory under the process of IVF. Usually, ICSI helps to:
- Manage the movement of sperm.
- Attach the sperm to the egg easily without any trouble.
- Open the blockage in the area of male reproductive to release sperm from the body.
- Use frozen eggs (previously).
- Use matured eggs of IVF (in vitro fertilization).
All these fertility treatments are best and effective for the childless couple. But, the success rate of every treatment depends upon age, type of infertility, egg and sperm quality, duration of treatment, etc. These factors can affect the success rate of IVF and other fertility treatments. Thus, it is recommended to visit the best IVF clinic for better support/assistance. At the IVF clinic, you can avail several fertility treatments for both women and men.