Several kinds of factors may create complications during pregnancy and giving birth to a healthy baby. Age related factors, reproductive issues, infertility problems, etc. are some common issues that may reduce the chances of pregnancy in women. Uterine fibroids are one of the most potent factors of women of reproductive age. However, these fibroids are known as a common situation among women. For example, if your mother also had fibroids, there are higher chances of having them in you too. Let’s collect some interesting facts about fibroids and their effect on fertility.
Usually, uterine fibroids are non-cancerous tumours that arise in the uterus’s muscle tissue. There may be more than one fibroid with a different size and location. As per scientific research, the size of fibroids is described by fruit like grapefruit. Fibroids can transform the size and shape of the womb (uterus) in women.
However, they also affect women’s cervix and their size along with location can cause several infertility problems. Indeed, here are three important kinds of fibroids as per their location:
- Subserosal: - These types of fibroids usually occur in the exterior wall of the womb. In other words, they can damage the outer wall of the uterus and lead to infertility in women.
- Submucosal: - The muscular layers of the women’s uterus are the primary locations for these fibroids. They can weaken the muscles of the uterus and negatively affect fertility.
- Intramural: - These fibroids are found in the uterine cavity. However, fibroids can be developed by several factors like genetics, hormone problems, and environmental factors. However, fertility treatment in Bangalore is available to help you in this regard.
How Fibroids Cause Infertility in Women and men?
Undoubtedly, uterine fibroids are the main reasons behind infertility. They affect fertility in various ways according to their size and location. Also, fibroids can transform the cervix, fallopian tubes, and uterus. For examples:
- Fibroids can block the fallopian tubes and create complications during the implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus. However, if the size of fibroids is small, they can be removed by surgery. But, it is complicated to remove fibroids having a large size.
- Also, uterine fibroids can change the shape of the cervix. This may stop the sperm from entering the uterus. Overall, the number of sperm may be affected by fibroids.
- Because of the fibroids, women may have to face the changes in the uterus’s shape. Thus, it may also impact the movement of an embryo or sperm.
- In reality, fibroids also affect the thickness of the uterine lining. In other words, the thickness of the uterine lining starts to decline due to fibroids.
- Lastly, fibroids can also impact the blood circulation to the cavity of the uterine. It can also create complications for the embryo to insert into the uterus. Also, the development of an embryo can be affected by fibroids.
Treatments for the Fibroids to Enhance Fertility
In reality, uterine fibroids are going to be a very big problem for infertile couples. It is not so easy to remove these fibroids permanently. First of all, the treatment completely depends upon the health condition, symptoms, and other infertility problems. In such a situation, it is important to visit the fertility specialist to acquire the right treatment. Here are some important points in this context:
- However, several treatments are available to cure fibroids. Using ultrasound, electrical energy, and specific medications can make fibroids smaller. But, these are not permanent solutions. Surgery is the perfect and authentic option to remove fibroids permanently.
- If you want to enhance the level of fertility, it is so important to remove uterine fibroids. Sometimes, these fibroids can grow back after the treatment.
- The treatment of fibroids may be successful or not. It depends upon the size and location of the fibroids. However, ICSI in Bangalore is also available to cure different types of infertility problems.
- Remember, fibroids can also affect the pregnancy if they grow larger. Hence, it is better to take advice from fertility specialists in the case of fibroids.
As time is passing, several types of diseases and infertility problems are arising in the body. Also, there are no treatments available for several types of infertility problems. Fibroids can affect the fertility and pregnancy of women. If you have small fibroids, don’t waste your time and go to the fertility specialist. Otherwise, large fibroids can create complications inside the body.