Before any treatment related to infertility, an AMH test is required. Many people don’t know about AMH and its advantages on fertility. If any woman is going to treat infertility then she must know about AMH. Here, we are going to discuss all the things about AMH. So, keep reading...
AMH refers to “Anti-Mullerian Hormone” or “Mullerian Inhibiting Substances (MIS)”. It is a kind of hormone that comes from the conceptive tissues of men and women. A high level of AMH helps to develop organs in the body of the male. On the other hand, a low level of AMH helps to develop organs in the female.
AMH plays an important role in getting pregnant for women. It helps to identify the mature egg in women and increase the chances of getting pregnant.
Why AMH Test Is Essential?
Well, the AMH test is required because it determines the female’s capacity to generate eggs. It is a kind of normal blood test and it can be done before pregnancy or during the menstrual cycle. The connection of AMH levels directly linked to the matured eggs in women. It is known as an ovarian reserve in the female body.
However, the level of AMH and ovarian reserve of women decreases according to age. Age-related factor plays an important role in getting pregnant. If AMH levels are high then it leads to higher chances of a successful pregnancy compared to low AMH levels.
Reasons behind the High AMH Levels!
As per research, the normal AMH levels should be between 2.2 – 3.9 ng/ml. This level shows the optimal fertility in women or men. However, here are two main reasons behind increasing AMH levels in the body:
- Due to PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome): - It is one of the main causes behind the high level of AMH. It is a kind of hormonal imbalance condition that arises due to overweight, irregular period dates, sub fertility etc.
- Tumours: - Some ovarian tumours are another reason behind high AMH levels in the body. It is essential to track the internal health issues which can be done through the AMH test.
Relation between High AMH Levels & PCOS
AMH is not a treatment of PCOS but it can diagnose PCOS easily. In other words, AMH is a beneficial mechanism for identifying the PCOS and other health issues like:
- Late ovulation
- Ultrasound proof related to ovaries
Due to PCOS, AMH levels get higher in women which also lead to imbalanced menstrual cycles. If any woman is trying to getting successful pregnancy then she must away from PCOS. In this condition, it is difficult to mature eggs in the ovary of a woman.
How High AMH Levels Are Important in IVF Process?
High AMH levels directly linked with the formation of multiple embryos in women’s ovaries. In IVF treatment, high levels of AMH are important because:
- It helps to produce multiple eggs in women’s ovaries that increase the higher chances of pregnancy.
- Secondly, extra embryos can be frozen for future use during the treatment of IVF.
- AMH can indicate the number of eggs or embryos but it can’t make changes in the quality of eggs.
- On the other hand, high AMH levels arises a risk of OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome). By selecting the best ovarian stimulation rule at right time, this risk can be decline.
High AMH levels have both advantages and disadvantages for the pregnant lady. Thus, it is required to take advice from your doctor before and after pregnancy. The doctor will monitor all the internal situation of your health.
Lastly, high AMH levels can’t decide your pregnancy! In other words, if AMH levels are high then it doesn’t mean that you can’t get pregnant. You can easily conceive a baby by choosing the right treatment having some patience. Through correct treatment, you can easily conceive a baby without any trouble.
At the IVF clinic, you can get the right consultancy through experienced doctors/physician. All problems related to infertility have been cured through IVF treatment. An AMH test is required for testing the internal condition of your health.
During pregnancy, both mother and baby are attached. If any woman has any diseases then it may have negative impacts on the child. Thus, it is advised to go with a preconception check up along with AMH testing.